The Big Apple plays host to the New York International Auto Show from the 30th of March until the 8th of April, with many big-name car manufacturers getting ready to wow the crowds with new models and exciting reveals. Here is a look at the confirmed launches as well as a few rumored ones which visitors may look forward to seeing at the annual event.
1. Ford. The American company recently released a teaser image of the new Mustang Shelby GT500 that is scheduled to tear up a road near you next year. While not confirmed, there is a chance that this beast—which will pack over 700hp and be “the most powerful street-legal Ford ever,” according to the brand—could be making an appearance in New York. We certainly hope so.
2. Honda. It’s just whispers among industry observers, but we may see the production version of the Insight in New York, a car designed to compete with the Prius. The prototype was revealed in January, and the car forms part of the brand’s plan to electrify two-thirds of its global vehicle sales by 2030. A face-lifted Pilot SUV might also be presented.
3. Kia. The Korean carmaker will be taking the covers off its latest flagship sedan, the all-new K900. First introduced in 2012—and also known as the K9 or Quoris in other markets—the redesigned upper-class cruiser is a collaboration between the brand’s styling studios in South Korea and the US.
4. Mercedes-Benz. The German purveyor of luxury motoring will be showing off its refreshed C-Class Coupe and Cabriolet, promising a sportier look and feel for these automobiles. Variants include the C200 with the EQ Boost hybrid function, the C220 diesel and AMG’s entry-level offering, the C43 with 390hp.
5. Nissan. The surging automaker has confirmed that the sixth-generation Altima will be revealed in NYC, and has released a sketch to wet our appetite for the new midsize sedan. The real deal will be presented to the world on March 28.
6. Subaru. The Japanese brand will be unveiling a brand-new Forester at the show, but it has been very secretive about the new model. All we have to go on is a single teaser image. The rest will be unveiled on March 28 at 1:45pm, which, for Filipino Subaru fans who might want to follow the event live, is past midnight on March 29 in Manila.
7. Toyota. Besides the new Corolla Hatchback making its first appearance in the metal, the company will be unveiling a brand-new RAV4. A teaser photo was recently released to get everyone excited, with the actual reveal taking place on March 28 at 9:10am EST.
8. Volkswagen. The gorgeous-looking 2019 Arteon R-Line will make its debut in New York. Powered by a 268hp 2.0-liter TSI turbocharged engine mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission, this sleek four-door fastback is bound to turn heads. VW will also be flaunting a concept version of a new five-seater SUV, a car that is based on the seven-passenger Atlas and will be built at the manufacturer’s Chattanooga plant in Tennessee.