This year is pretty special for Mazda. As we told you in January, the Japanese automaker is celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2020. Not a lot of car brands—especially a small one like Mazda—are fortunate enough to endure this long in an extremely cutthroat industry. Now, as a way to thank its loyal customers in Japan, the company is selling a commemorative 100th Anniversary edition of its vehicles.
The special edition will wear a white-and-burgundy color scheme in honor of Mazda’s first passenger car, the R360 coupe, which was released in 1960. The special features include:
- Snowflake White Pearl Mica paint job
- Headrests embossed with 100th Anniversary logo
- Floor mats with 100th Anniversary badge
- Floor carpet in burgundy color
- Key fob embossed with 100th Anniversary logo
- Center hubcaps with 100th Anniversary logo
- 100th Anniversary badge on front fender
The 100th Anniversary badge showcases the logo of Toyo Kogyo, the company we now know as Mazda Motor Corporation.
Sales of the special-edition models will start based on the following timetable:
- Mazda 2 – June 2020 or later
- Mazda 3 – June 2020 or later
- Mazda CX-3 – June 2020 or later
- Mazda CX-30 – July 2020 or later
- Mazda CX-5 – July 2020 or later
- Mazda CX-8 – July 2020 or later
- Mazda MX-5 – July 2020 or later
- Mazda 6 – September 2020 or later
Our lucky Japanese friends can start reserving their units at any Mazda dealership in Japan from now until March 31, 2021.
Mazda lovers across the world will eventually be able to get their hands on these cars. The manufacturer says “the special-edition models will be introduced in stages to markets around the globe” after Japan. Contact Mazda Philippines if you’re interested.