I think it’s safe to say that exterior design isn’t the number one consideration among minivan buyers. That honor would likely go to ride comfort and cabin space. But surely, no minivan owner would say no to some tasteful styling.
For these customers, Honda Cars Philippines has a surprise: a better-looking, better-appointed Odyssey.
The images you see here are those of the EX-V Navi variant. A second, lower variant, the EX, is also available. Here are the main improvements on the Odyssey EX-V Navi:
- Dark-chrome grille;
- New front bumper with fog lights;
- Dark-chrome door handles;
- Smoked LED guide-type taillights;
- Redesigned 17-inch alloy wheels;
- Blackwood and silver trim panels;
- New large armrest with center console for the front row;
- Multi-view camera system;
- Blind spot monitor;
- Cross-traffic monitor; and
- Improved parking assist and sensors.
Meanwhile, the changes in the Odyssey EX are:
- New front and rear bumpers;
- Halogen fog lights;
- Platinum grille;
- Redesigned 16-inch alloy wheels; and
- Smart entry with push-start system.
The Odyssey retains the efficient and highly capable 2.4-liter Earth Dreams i-VTEC engine rated at 173hp and 226Nm. On a side note, Honda should stop calling its engines “Earth Dreams.” It’s comical. Drop it already.
Hey, what’s under your hood, pare?
Wow, dude, my ride runs on Earth Dreams.
Said no one ever.
Complementing the engine that has a funny name is a transmission with the same funny name: Earth Dreams CVT. At least it has paddle shifters.
The revised Odyssey is priced at P2,449,000 for the EX-V Navi, and P2,039,000 for the EX. They’re available in four colors: Platinum White Pearl (plus P20,000), Premium Twinkle Black Pearl (plus P20,000), Super Platinum Metallic and Crystal Black Pearl. Really, Honda? Twinkle Black Pearl? TWINKLE?!
Last na ‘yan, ha?