Christmas is fast approaching, and in anticipation of increased vehicular traffic, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is temporarily suspending excavation activities until January 8, 2024, according to the agency’s Facebook post.
According to Memorandum Circular No. 15 Series of 2023, the following are exempted from roadworks:
- Flagship projects of the government
- DPWH bridge repair and construction
- Flood interceptor catchment
- Asphalt overlay projects without reblocking works
- Draining improvement projects along the sidewalk
- Footbridge projects
- Emergency leak repair or breakage of water line
- New water or electric service connections
- Road activities without excavation
- Meralco relocation or emergency works affecting major government projects
- Other projects approved by the MMDA
Is this a brilliant idea?